Monday, September 16, 2013

Can’t Sleep, Too Much Cow Bell.


And a shiny new phone and Facebook. Facebook leads you to many weird and wonderful places. One of them being the over grown thicket of my past. Man I was stupid when I was young. I made a lot of mistakes and poor judgment calls. It wasn’t all bad, but there are regrets. My life is so peaceful and beautiful now, that it is difficult to look on the road that brought me here and call any of it regretful. But there are some true regrets in there. Mostly how I handled and lost friendships. Ever the avoider of confrontation, I just slipped away out of people’s lives rather than deal with the issues head on. Thanks to my wonderful Mike, I am changing that behavior. (I must also give kudos to my friend, neighbor, and off the books therapist, Shannon for this. She is every snarky girls dream friend.)

At any rate, I can only hope I am at least forgiven and have had fond memories retained, as I do in my heart, retain every good thing.

Now, to lift the mood a little bit, here are some pictures from the lighter activities Mike and I have partook in the two weekends since we got hitched.



Mike, some friends, and myself decided to go to the Renaissance Faire here in Des Moines. As usual, we forgot to take very many pictures. Aside from these two pictures, the only others we have are of our friend, who got pulled into the Bawdy Buccaneers show for audience participation. The picture’s we have are of him donning a long blonde wig and a mop in with which he was made to “swab the deck”. Were I to post is here, we would be one less a friend. Darn. He looked pretty good up there umm, swabbing the deck.
Anyhoo, the day was so hot I thought the Devil himself had come to the Faire for a weekend getaway and while I enjoyed what I could, I wilted after while. Mike and I tried to take it easy while my friend Jenna and her hubs went off to get fitted for some new garb. When they finally returned, she was wearing a beautiful purple bodice with a black skirt. I must say I was a bit jealous.
Upon said return, Jenna suggested we go to the First Aid room to sit in the air conditioning. Once I finally arrived, I was accosted by a very friendly EMT who was very much in favor of putting cold wet cloths on my neck and chest. Now those of you who know me well, know I am not at all naïve, so when I tell you I was very perplexed at the goofy grins on the faces of Mike and Jenna’s hubby upon my return, I am sayin’ it was the heat. Because I didn’t get it. I could not fathom why in the world they were looking at me like that. Let me explain as delicately as I can. Take note of the garb I am wearing. Put a wet cloth near that garb for any length of time, then remove it and any hot blooded straight man will get goofy looks. For all my love of naughty innuendo, leave it to me to NOT put that one together! All I can say, is thank goodness I was wearing a hat!


   
TShirtFunThis weekend was fairly low key. I did some running around with Stephanie and up graded my phone. As much fun as lovely new shiney’s are, I was not really looking forward to this. I am quite tightly wound about money at the moment, new car and all, and I didn’t really think I’d go for a new phone. My old one has been driving me nuts for months now, running slowly, load screens all the time and crashing for no apparent reason. But I found a good phone for a decent deal and took the plunge.

On Sunday, Mike and I went to Wal-Mart for a couple items and found some fun things while browsing. We found these shirts in the kids department and they were so appropriate, we had to take pictures with them. Mike found a Mardi Gras mask, which I had to have a picture of. One of the pirate skits we saw at the Ren Faire was the tale of the kissing bandit. A cute an kind of stupid skit, with twin dudes in black masks, running around kissing girls. With this picture, how could I resist the reference?


TheKissingBandit 
 Ain’t he adorable?

Until next time! More cow bell!

No comments:

Post a Comment