Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Salad Week: Day 2!


Being in Iowa, I could not pass up a chance to do a fresh corn salad. Corn is our #2 cash crop, pig being our #1. Or so I am led to believe. Never having made a Fresh Corn Salad before, I looked up and found this recipe. It is quite delicious. Very simple, has am emulsified dressing. Quite tasty. Would go good with pork chops.

The Recipe is this, which I have halved.
  • Kernels from 3 cobs of corn. Or one half cob of corn per person is this is a side salad.
  • 1 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
  •  freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 10-ounce container cherry or pear tomatoes, halved
  • 1/4 cup small-dice red onion, if you like raw onion, I do not. 
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced, which I forgot to pick up.
Next, I followed the instructions, cutting the kernels off the cob, boiling them for 4 minutes, then plunging them into an ice water bath. While they were cooking, I washed and slice the tomatoes. Then made the emulsion while the kernels cooled. Threw it all together, gave it a good toss and was good to go. Pretty tasty too. We’ll see what Mike thinks when he get home.  

As always, go to Lulu’s Whimsy and Abounding Joy so see what delicious salad’s they have come up with! See you back here tomorrow for another!

No comments:

Post a Comment