Friday, August 16, 2013

We Finally Made It

To church, that is. This past Sunday, Mike and I finally got out of bed on time and went to church. We visited The Ridge in Ankeny, a Reform church. It is affiliated with Lutheran and Presbyterian, I believe. The pastor spoke to us for a bit before the service and I found him to be pleasant. The sermon was about Jesus telling us, Do Not Worry. I completely needed to hear that. All told, the service was about an hour long.

 

Once it was over, Mike and I were headed to lunch and I asked him what he thought. His answer was essentially the way I felt. Over all, it was a pleasant service. The message was good. The praise and worship…well…I won’t be rude. I said, “I didn’t really feel moved in my spirit.” Mike concurred.

 

So we are going to try another church. It is a church still in a school as of yet, called Cornerstone Church. I want to go this Sunday, but Mike is helping John move and I bet he will not want to get out of bed. Maybe I’ll just go alone.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. I havn't been to Church in years. I hope you can find the right one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I haven't attended church in about 20 years, other than off an on, here and there. But I have always searched, always prayed, always believed. I just...I don't know. I want to go back. I just hope to find the right church.

    ReplyDelete